Wednesday, December 24, 2008

It's the little things

I've had a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year. I guess all the grumpy people at work got in the way. so a couple of days ago I went for a little walk to look at decorations around my neighborhood. before I left my mother told me to go to a specific house 'cause it was spectacular and I should really see it. so I went on my walk and I saw the house that Ma had mentioned and it really was amazing the folks in that house did a great job. but it was another house far later in my journey that gave me the joy I was hoping to find. all that was at this house were some lights and a 2-D display of a train and it reminded me of some small plastic trains that we used to decorate our light switches as kids. and it reminded me of all the Christmas eves we'd spent at my grandmothers house. at this point it struck me yet again that it's the small things that are important during this season.

No comments: